Oh my. Today is August. That means I have only three weeks remaining in my summer. It has flown by but there is still so much that I have to – and want to – do.
I like lists. I like making them and I like crossing things off my list. While I make lists in the summer, this is the time when my list making really resumes in earnest.
Here’s a look at my to-do list for August.
- Read five more books.
- Update my book read list.
- Write a new book review.
- Set up my classroom. (One bullet item that encompasses so much!)
- Organize my classroom library.
- Plan the first week of school.
- Finish planning music for the year.
- Attend first faculty meeting of the year.
- Host my Aunt, Uncle and cousins from Illinois.
- Have friends over for dinner.
- Clean the carpets.
- Visit with extended Whirrett family.
- Catch up on laundry.
- Can two batches of blackberry jam.
- Upload (a few) vacation pictures to facebook.
- Hang picture frames in upstairs hallway.
- Begin a new fruits and vegetable challenge.
- Cut all my vacation coupons.
- Organize coupon binder.
- Share an updated post on my coupon binder.
- Record a couple hymns and songs on the clavinova at school to get a good start for the year.
- Pick a musical to perform this year.
- Mail Mikaela’s dress to her.
- Check with Kindle customer service about scratch on screen.
- Buy a case (with a light) for my Kindle.
- Sleep in – once or twice more!
- Watch the Olympics.
- Enjoy these final weeks of my summer!
Whew. That’s a list. Of course, laundry and grocery shopping continues as usual, too. I’ll update you before school starts with my progress.
What is on your to-do list for the next couple weeks?