Easy & Delicious Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
These easy peanut butter rice krispie treats are made with karo syrup instead of marshmallows – and topped with a delicious layer of chocolate and butterscotch. Delicious!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup karo syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krisipes
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Pour sugar and karo syrup into a medium sized pan on the stove. Stir over medium heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Take pan off the stove and stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in rice krispies cereal.
- Spoon rice krispie mixture into a 9×13 pan. Use a greased spatula or spoon to press the rice krispie treats firmly into the pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until chips are completed melted together.
- Pour chocolate over the rice krispie treats. Smooth over all the bars.
- Allow bars to harden on the counter. Do not refrigerate!
- Once chocolate is harden, serve and enjoy!
- Smooth or chunky peanut butter may be used.
- You can add more chocolate chips and less butterscotch chips to the topping, if you choose.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 28.8g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: peanut butter rice krispies