Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe is an easy pumpkin recipe your whole family will love! It tastes delicious as bread or muffins and freezes well.
- Author: Kristen @ Joyfully Thriving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves of bread 1x
- Category: Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pure pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil.
- Mix in cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add flour. Stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased 8 inch by 4 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yields 2 loaves.
- If you are making muffins, bake for 18 minutes. If you are baking mini loaves of bread, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- If you are using this recipe to bake pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, it will make 28 muffins when using a large cookie scoop as your serving size. Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, or until muffins spring back lightly on the top.
- This recipe, whether bread or muffins, also freezes well.
- Serving Size: 1 slice of bread
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: pumpkin bread, quick bread