Top 10 Posts of 2014
As we begin a new year, I thought it would be fun to see which posts were most popular in 2014. It is interesting to me to see which ones were searched for the most. Some are the same as the top articles of 2013 but there are some new popular ones too.
Also, I want to say a sincere thank you to everyone who pins my articles and recipes and idea on Pinterest. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Pinterest is one of my favorite ways to discover new things (you can follow me here) and I love being able to share with others there, too.
10. Preschool Handprint Calendars are an absolutely adorable gift to make with your young child! I know that I can’t wait to make one with Nathan.
9. I was surprised to see that my directions for how to can blackberry jam were quite popular this year. Homemade jam is so delicious and really not hard to make. Give it a try when you have fresh berries available to you!
8. People are always interested in learning how and what to stockpile. For that reason, my advice of 10 items to stockpile in a pantry is a great place to start with stockpiling.
7. Speaking of stockpiling, people were quite interested in how I stockpiled diapers for our baby. I bought over 2000 diapers for under $50, a frugal practice that has served me well as Nathan grows.
6. I love these basic freezer meatballs because they are so versatile. Spaghetti and meatballs, meatball subs, sweet and sour meatballs…the possibilities really are endless!
5. 31 Days of Freezer Cooking remains my most popular series to date. There are 31 days of great recipes here so if you haven’t already, take a look and stock your freezer!
4. I love simple projects and this one is that. A long distance hug on Valentine’s Day is a cute project that any grandparent would love to receive! Remember this idea come February!
3. This one surprised me but I shouldn’t be surprised because it really is delicious. The best ever homemade chocolate frosting was quite popular this year. The picture isn’t the greatest but one taste of this frosting will convince you never to buy store bought again!
2. Like last year, my post for a Biblical version of “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” grabbed second place. This is a priceless gift that can be created by anyone. I have a free pdf available with this file so you can create your own copy for someone special.
1. Once again, the most popular post of the year was for my classic buckeyes. This recipe has now been pinned 17,500 times – just since I started tracking it a year ago. Thanks everyone! Everywhere I took my buckeyes this Christmas (as usual), I was getting compliments. They are delicious and sure to become a favorite of yours. Give them a try!
What were your favorite posts of the year? Was it one of these – or a different one? I look forward to sharing many more with you this year!